paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suzuki zeroes in on podium.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Suzuki zeroes in on podium. Empty
PostSubject: Suzuki zeroes in on podium.   Suzuki zeroes in on podium. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 4:37 am

Rizla Suzuki heads for this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix, round four of the 2007 MotoGP World Championship, with over twice the amount of points that it had this time last season - but without a podium to show for it.

However, hopes are high that both John Hopkins and Chris Vermeulen will be in contention for a top three on Sunday, come rain or shine.

Hopkins qualified on the front row of the grid at last season's Shanghai race, where he went on to finish just a few seconds behind third placed Colin Edwards, and led the 2005 race.

"I like the Shanghai circuit. It is pretty testing and you have to be fast through some of the corners and hard on the brakes, so that suits me," declared Hopkins, sixth last time out in Istanbul but only two seconds from third. "I led here in '05 (pictured) and was on the front row and pushing for a podium last year so I am pretty determined to go that one step better this year. The bike is working really good and the tyres that Bridgestone brought to Turkey were a huge step forward, let's hope we get more of the same in China and can get on the rostrum!"

Vermeulen saw his Istanbul hopes wrecked before the end of the first lap when he was one of four riders taken down at the chicane, but the Australian then remounted and set the fastest lap of the race on his way to eleventh - proving what might have been.

Vermeulen, who took his first MotoGP podium at Phillip Island last season, then continued that form during testing at Istanbul on the Monday after the race by setting the quickest time of the day.

"The bike and tyres worked really well in Turkey and I am sure that will be the case in China as well," said Chris. "I am really looking forward to this race, the track is awesome and one that I enjoy riding at. Let's just hope we can get round without anyone knocking me off!"

Crash
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Suzuki zeroes in on podium.
Page 1 of 1