paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Phillip Island race day: Podium for Max...'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

'Phillip Island race day: Podium for Max...' Empty
PostSubject: 'Phillip Island race day: Podium for Max...'   'Phillip Island race day: Podium for Max...' Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 3:15 am

Alstare wrote:
Team Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra Max Biaggi took a superb third place in the first race at Phillip Island today and was on course for another podium in the second before losing out on the very last lap. A third and a fourth means that Max leaves the Australian circuit in second place in the championship, 16 points behind leader James Toseland (Honda). Max’s team mate Yukio Kagayama was a non-starter today, due to a heavy fall yesterday, but the Japanese rider should be fit for the Valencia tests on March 18th and 19th.

Bayliss (Ducati) and Toseland battled it out for victory in the first race, with Bayliss taking the win in front of his home fans by just over two seconds. Max took third after a tremendous charge up the field in the closing laps after disposing of both Troy Corser and his Yamaha team mate Noriyuki Haga. The second race saw yet another Toseland v Bayliss fight, but this time it was Toseland who took the honours by a narrow margin. Max had fought both Corser and Yamaha again in the closing laps and was about to take third, until Haga muscled past on the last lap and held on by less then a tenth of a second

MAX Race 1: 3rd, Race 2: 4th
"I enjoyed the racing again today, especially getting a podium in the first race. From Friday until today, I never really got a good feeling with the front end of the bike and that probably prevented me from getting two podiums here. Tyre wear is always a problem at Phillip Island and I think I was more aggressive in race two and tyre went off more - certainly more then in race one. Our bike was pretty close today and now we will work more on set-up details and getting it working better for the next race at Donington. I am not unhappy today, though it would’ve been good to take that second podium. "

Alstare
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

'Phillip Island race day: Podium for Max...'
Page 1 of 1