paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lanzi delighted with second on Assen grid

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Lanzi delighted with second on Assen grid Empty
PostSubject: Lanzi delighted with second on Assen grid   Lanzi delighted with second on Assen grid Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 11:57 am

Toseland roars to pole
How the grid looksLorenzo Lanzi was delighted with himself after he qualified second for the World Superbike double-header at Assen in the Netherlands.

The 25-year-old Italian had not qualified on the front row all season, but kept his head throughout his timed lap to produce a time good enough to see him hold off his world champion Ducati team-mate Troy Bayliss by three hundredths of a second.

And afterwards the two-time race-winner reflected on a performance that was nevertheless six tenths of a second adrift of James Toseland's pole time.

Lanzi: "[It was a] good session for me, a good superpole. I had quite a big problem with my rear tyre on the lap so to finish second makes me very happy.

"We have some strange conditions here in Assen - 35 degrees. Tomorrow we will have no problems though. I feel good."

Bayliss, by contrast, was not so impressed with his lap, and pointed to a mistake on the final sector of his effort as the reason for him missing out on pole.

But the Australian still believes he has a great chance to win one of Sunday's two races, and thinks looking after his Pirelli tyres will be the key to a good result in the unusually high 35 degree temperatures.

Bayliss: "It's a good place to be but everybody wants to be fast and I made a small mistake at the end of my lap.

"We are gonna have a nice day on Sunday but it's a bit touch and go for the race [as far as tyre choice goes]. We have one tyre that is a few tenths slower, but the heat is gonna mean we really have to conserve them."

EuroSport
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Lanzi delighted with second on Assen grid
Page 1 of 1