paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Assen preview: Xavier looking for a podium in Assen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Assen preview: Xavier looking for a podium in Assen Empty
PostSubject: Assen preview: Xavier looking for a podium in Assen   Assen preview: Xavier looking for a podium in Assen Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 1:26 pm

Tuesday, 24 April 2007
After a couple of weeks break, Team Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra rider Xavier Siméon is ready and eager for the third round of the Superstock 1000 FIM Cup this weekend in Assen. After finishing seventh and sixth in his first two races in the Superstock 1000 class, Xavier Siméon is travelling to the Dutch circuit with high hopes.

The Belgian rider is starting to take full advantage of the possibilities offered by his Suzuki and is looking forward to an increased improvement as the season progresses. This weekend, Xavier Simeon intends to battle it out with the Championship leaders and finish high up the order. To help him in this endeavour, he can rely on the support of his dedicated team, the information gathered in the first two rounds and his usual determination.

The last time he rode the Assen TT circuit (in the Superstock 600 class in August 2006), the Team Alstare rider had to be satisfied with a runner-up spot after leading the whole race except the very last lap. This year, given the intense competition, Xavier would be extremely happy if history could – at least – repeat itself.

Xavier
"After the Valencia race weekend, we stayed there another two days for a test session and my team and I were able to do a lot of work on the bike. Everything went perfectly: we tried various settings and managed to do excellent lap times. Now I feel I have greater control of my bike and its power. I am heading for Assen determined to do better than sixth. My objective since the beginning of the season is a podium and that hasn’t changed. I don’t like the new configuration of the track introduced last season – it is less fun to ride – but this little hitch doesn’t alter my motivation."

Alstare
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Assen preview: Xavier looking for a podium in Assen
Page 1 of 1