paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Assen day one: Xavier ninth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Assen day one: Xavier ninth Empty
PostSubject: Assen day one: Xavier ninth   Assen day one: Xavier ninth Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 12:26 pm

Friday, 27 April 2007
Team Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra rider Xavi Simeon finished the first day of qualifying with ninth place and a bruised right hand and foot - thanks to a crash in the afternoon session. Xavi crashed at the third turn when his bike spat him off and went to the Clinica Mobile for a check up and X-rays, but fortunately no bones were broken. Badavoni (MV) set the day’s quickest lap, with a time of 1:43.192, with Corti (Yamaha) second and Van Keymeulen ((Yamaha) third.

XAVIER - 9th, 1: 44.873
"I am battered and bruised after my crash, but I’m strong and I’ll be riding tomorrow for sure. I am not sure, but I think the reason for the crash maybe because of a problem with the clutch. In the afternoon, I tried to go for a quick lap but I kept running into traffic and I never got a clear track. This is my first time here on a 1000 and it feels very different to what I’ve ridden before. I’m optimistic that we can improve a lot in tomorrow’s sessions and be in good shape for the race on Sunday."

Friday qualifying
1 Badovini (I-MV) 1:43.192,
2 Corti (I-Yamaha) 1:43.865,
3 Van Keymeulen (B-Yamaha) 1:44.111,
4 Dionisi (I-Suzuki) 1:44.180,
5 Tode (D-Honda) 1:44.303,
6 Pirro (I-Yamaha) 1:44.445,
9 XAVI SIMEON (B-Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra) 1:44.873

Alstare
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Assen day one: Xavier ninth