paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Assen: Steve Martin stands in for Kevin Curtain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Assen: Steve Martin stands in for Kevin Curtain Empty
PostSubject: Assen: Steve Martin stands in for Kevin Curtain   Assen: Steve Martin stands in for Kevin Curtain Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 2:17 pm

Aussie former DFX Honda rider Steve Martin will take the place of his injured fellow countryman Kevin Curtain on the World Supersport at Assen this weekend.

Curtain suffered town muscles and a bad gash in his thigh when his bike hit him after an incident at the Valencia round of the championship two weeks ago. The injuries left him with limited movement and he is currently recovering at home in Australia. He hopes to be back on the bike in time for the next round, at Monza on the 13th of May.

Steve Martin was asked by Curtain himself to take his ride at Assen. “I can’t believe the way this all came about, but when Kevin also asked me personally to fill in for him I was in shock as it was the last phone call I was expecting,” explains Martin, “No one likes to fill in under these circumstances, especially when it’s one of your mates, but I will do the best job possible to help Kevin, Broc and the Yamaha World Supersport Team.

”I know the team and they are very professional so I’m sure they will make it as easy as possible for me in every way."

World SBK
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Assen: Steve Martin stands in for Kevin Curtain
Page 1 of 1