paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haga and Corser ready for Donington anniversary.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Haga and Corser ready for Donington anniversary. Empty
PostSubject: Haga and Corser ready for Donington anniversary.   Haga and Corser ready for Donington anniversary. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 12:22 am

Quote :
This weekend sees the third round of the World Superbike Championship come to Donington Park for the first of three rounds in the UK. Donington hosted the very first championship round on 3rd April 1988 and it is returning to the circuit for the first time in six years to mark the championship's 20th anniversary.

After an extensive test session in Valencia last weekend, the Yamaha Motor Italia Team focussed on tyre-life at race distance with the riders doing multiple race distances on their 2007 machines.

Off the back of the test the team will be looking to improve on their results in the championship so far this season. Troy Corser claimed the first third place podium for the team at Qatar while Noriyuki Haga gave the team another third position at Phillip Island. Currently Corser lies in fifth position in the championship standings so far and Haga in fourth.

Haga comes to Donington looking to fight for race wins and to potentially repeat his double win at Donington in 1998. His third place at Phillip Island was achieved in spite of him having a cold so he is determined of a better result, now he is back in peak fitness. With Corser being victorious in two races during the 1996 round, both riders have proven to be winners on this venue.

"I'm looking forward to Donington very much because it is where I took part in my first European round of WSB in 1998!" Haga said, "I won both races that time, so I'm hoping I can repeat it again this year. It is a very exciting circuit to race at because it is demanding both technically and mentally, I like it and, with the right set up, it suits my riding style. We tested many things at Valencia which I am sure will help with the race set up at Donington - you will be able to see for yourself from the result of the race!"

Crash
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Haga and Corser ready for Donington anniversary.
Page 1 of 1