paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'. Empty
PostSubject: Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'.   Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 10:42 am

Quote :
The 'glass ceiling' that has long separated John Hopkins from his first MotoGP podium is looking ever more fragile - and few, least of all the Anglo-American, would be surprised if he smashes through that invisible barrier this weekend in Jerez.

Hopkins has finished in fourth position three times during his MotoGP career, most significantly last time out at the season-opening 2007 Qatar Grand Prix - when the Rizla Suzuki rider overcame the pain of an injured wrist to finish a fraction behind Dani Pedrosa.

The message was clear; if Hopkins can put the new, competitive, GSV-R half a second from a podium finish when injured, what can he do when fit? The answer might well come in Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix, when the Californian hopes to be back to full strength - and knows he can run up front.

"I am ready for this race!" stated Hopper. "I am hoping to be fully fit, unlike Qatar, and to give it all I've got. We tested here a couple of times and I know that I have the pace to run at the front. Jerez has a lot of heavy braking but my hand is ok now, and I've been training really hard in Miami to make sure that I'm 100% when the lights change to 'go' on raceday!"

Crash
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com
andie
i can't keep crashing, can i?
andie

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'.   Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 10:53 am

i can't wait to see how he does...i hope it's really well.
Back to top Go down
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'.   Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 2:11 pm

if he can go 4th with a broken wrist he can probably go one better...
Back to top Go down
andie
andie

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'.   Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 2:50 pm

go Hopper!
Back to top Go down
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'.   Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 3:09 pm

quick, like a bunny!
Back to top Go down
andie
andie

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'.   Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 5:54 pm

hop hop bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'.   Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hopkins ready to smash 'glass ceiling'.
Page 1 of 1