paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Martin mystified by DFX test withdrawal.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Martin mystified by DFX test withdrawal. Empty
PostSubject: Martin mystified by DFX test withdrawal.   Martin mystified by DFX test withdrawal. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 8:26 am

Quote :
Steve Martin has been forced to miss this weekend's official WSBK test at Valencia following the DFX Honda team's decision to withdraw at the last minute.

With almost all the leading World Superbike teams present, Martin was eager to participate in the two day test in order to make further progress with his Honda's set-up prior to the first European round of the championship, at Donington Park, at the end of the month.

"I'm not 100% sure of the exact reason DFX decided at last minute to not attend the test, but whatever the reason, it's not good that we weren't there this weekend," said Steve. "Partly because we really do need more testing time as we've still got a lot of work to do with the bike, but also, because testing along with all the other teams and riders is one of the best indicators of competitiveness and improvements in the field. We've now missed out on both of these opportunities which can only be a hindrance to mine and the team's performance."

Martin returned to his European home base in Switzerland last week, where he will now continue with his training programme before travelling to the UK in nine days time for the third round of the championship.

"I'm looking forward to going to Donington as since Phillip Island we've really had our thinking caps on and know the areas where we need to improve, and how to achieve that. If all those elements come online I know I'll be able to be even closer to the front runners," said the Aussie, who recorded a tenth and DNF in his home round.

"Donington is a bit like Phillip Island and it's a great track with a lot of character. The circuit layout is good and it's a great bike track, but also, it's one of those circuits where you get a lot of spectators and you can really feel the support of the Brits behind you, which all adds up to making it a good race weekend. We've not raced there since 2001 so it will be good to go back."

Crash
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Martin mystified by DFX test withdrawal.
Page 1 of 1