paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Martin race by race deal with DFXtreme.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Martin race by race deal with DFXtreme. Empty
PostSubject: Martin race by race deal with DFXtreme.   Martin race by race deal with DFXtreme. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 12:21 am

Quote :
The DFXtreme Honda team have confirmed that Steve Martin will be at Donington this coming weekend and will continue for the next three rounds on a race by race basis.

Team owner Daniele Carli is continuing to look for new sponsors to ensure that the team will be able to finish the season in the best possible technical and financial position.

Rumours of the Martin and DFXtreme parting company started when the team missed the recent Valencia test.

Before the season started Martin was assured by DFX that the team had the finances in place to run a two man team all season. “I was reassured by DFX that they definitely had sufficient money to run both me and Fabrizio for the whole year and, on that basis, I decided to continue with the team, despite still having other options of rides at that time,” said Martin.
He spent much of last week on the phone and in meetings trying to find a solution to DFX's financial problems, after two sponsors withdrew their support from the team at short notice.

"I have known Danielle Carli for the last six years so obviously it was with great regret that he had to inform me of the situation last week. But we've come to an agreement which will see me on track at Donington and from there, on a race by race basis for the next three races. If no sponsorship arrives during this time I will most likely be on the side lines again,” he said.
The unstable situation has been hard for Martin to deal with as he should be looking at where to improve his bike rather than looking for sponsors. However he has been keeping to his training schedule and is optimistic for running well at Donington.

"Donington is the first track we get to ride this year where the factory teams haven't tested, so although my bike is unchanged from Phillip Island I feel it will be easier to be closer to the front as no one will have benefited from any testing there," said Martin looking on the positives.

Crash
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Martin race by race deal with DFXtreme.
Page 1 of 1