paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interview: James Toseland - 'Bayliss is the strongest oppone

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Interview: James Toseland - 'Bayliss is the strongest oppone Empty
PostSubject: Interview: James Toseland - 'Bayliss is the strongest oppone   Interview: James Toseland - 'Bayliss is the strongest oppone Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 4:07 am

Have you been surprised by the opposition; Yamaha with a new bike going so well and Suzuki perhaps not as strong as we hoped they might be?

"The Corona Suzuki has always been a great package with Corser on it in the last two years. Biaggi’s got off to a great start, consistency wise. He’s gets off to a pretty average start in races and then his pace mid-race and at the end of the race is outstanding. He’s scored a lot of points which has kept him in touch with me at the moment, especially with my breakdown at Donington Park, but we’re still leading; we’ve led it from the start and that’s the only thing I’m concentrating on."

Bayliss was going to be the man to watch, but after Donington that’s changed a bit. Is that how you see it?

"He was unfortunate with his crash and with the injuries he got from that particular crash. Nine times out of ten he’d have just got up, shook it off and got out for the second race. Unfortunately with losing most of his little finger and with the groin injury that he sustained, it was unfortunate. But he’s still fast, he’s still up there. To come back after those operations to qualify in pole position at Valencia and to get it on the podium just showed his character. Troy Bayliss is still, for me, the strongest opponent that I’ve got this year.

"I know Max Biaggi is consistent, but you’ve still got to watch out for those Yamahas. They’re developing really quickly; I remember passing the Yamaha at Qatar without too many problems and then at Valencia I was trying to keep hold of the thing down the start-finish straight. They’re really pushing hard to win the championship with those two guys - two great riders - but I’ve just got to keep on doing what I’m doing. I’ve got a great package under me with the Hanspree Ten Kate Honda; it’s good enough to do what they’re doing."

This is just a small part of the full interview available on www.WorldSBK.tv

World SBK
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Interview: James Toseland - 'Bayliss is the strongest oppone
Page 1 of 1