paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interview: James Toseland - 'Each weekend I want to increase

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Interview: James Toseland - 'Each weekend I want to increase Empty
PostSubject: Interview: James Toseland - 'Each weekend I want to increase   Interview: James Toseland - 'Each weekend I want to increase Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 1:03 pm

You seem very relaxed; how do feel about Haga and Bayliss?

"I’m relaxed because the package is so good with the bike and the team; it’s working so well. I turn up at race meeting and I know I’m going to be somewhere near the front, and it’s up to me to put it at the front.

"I’ve only got a 32 point lead [now a 35 point lead after Monza]; it’s a nice lead but it certainly isn’t anything to sit back and relax about. That’s why I was so disappointed at Assen - losing five points to Bayliss - because I could have been another five points ahead. If you can just keep chipping away then it makes it really difficult for people to catch up, and that’s my game plan. Each weekend I just want to increase that lead, and just make it more and more difficult for people."

You must be looking forward to the Suzuka 8 Hour race?

"Yes. They invited me to do it a couple of months ago, and we’ve got our first test straight after Silverstone, then the race is just a week before Brands Hatch. I know how important it is for Honda; it’s as important as winning the World Superbike Championship for them.

"I’ve got the Silverstone race, and then a two day test in Japan, and then after the two day test, a fitness test! I’m looking forward to doing well for them there as well."

And you’ve never done endurance before, with the run across the track to the bike at the start?

"Well with the training for the Superstars programme I did, I’m confident of winning that bit. But no, I’ve never done that before, never ridden on the factory bike before, or on the Michelin tyres, so I’m sure it’s going to feel a little bit different. I’ve never ridden Suzuka, either, so it’s going to be a big challenge. I’m working with the Japanese at the Suzuka 8 Hour, and this is the first time I will have worked with them closely. Hopefully I can show them how I’ve improved."

This is just a small part of the full interview available at www.WorldSBK.tv

World SBK
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Interview: James Toseland - 'Each weekend I want to increase
Page 1 of 1