paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interview: Xaus Sets Sights on Monza Podium

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Interview: Xaus Sets Sights on Monza Podium Empty
PostSubject: Interview: Xaus Sets Sights on Monza Podium   Interview: Xaus Sets Sights on Monza Podium Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 3:44 am

A win at Valencia and a podium at Assen; the season is looking more positive now

"I've been waiting for it. I knew this year we had a competitive bike but we had to take a little time to work on the electronics and to get to know the new Pirelli tyres. So we were cautious in the first races but on the tracks where we had gone well last year I have pushed more and it's paid off."

But for the crash in race 2 at Assen, another podium was probably yours

"To start with I was going for the win but when Bayliss and Toseland were pulling away I didn't want to lose touch. I tried to pass Lanzi on the inside but he closed the door on me. I braked so as not to hit him and lost the steering. Racing is always like that."

The crash doesn't hide the fact that you're riding at a high level

"Praise should also go to the lads in my squad, Team Sterilgarda GMB, who are working so hard to keep everything in the best possible technical shape every weekend. It's amusing and moving to fight and I believe we can succeed until the end of the season."

Monza next, an important race because it's where your team is based. What is your objective?

"Monza is a very fast track where the motor counts a lot and on this we're confident because we've always been fastest. I'm loaded and determined, ready to fight for the podium in both races. It's clear that I will have to fight with the strongest adversaries, but they know how serious I am. I've never won at Monza and it would be beautiful to do it. But then I'd never won at Valencia…"

World SBK
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Interview: Xaus Sets Sights on Monza Podium
Page 1 of 1