paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monza preview: Tough weekend ahead for Xavier Siméon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Monza preview: Tough weekend ahead for Xavier Siméon Empty
PostSubject: Monza preview: Tough weekend ahead for Xavier Siméon   Monza preview: Tough weekend ahead for Xavier Siméon Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 3:57 am

Tuesday, 8 May 2007
Although Team Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra rider Xavier Siméon managed to clinch an eighth spot in the last round of the Superstock 1000 FIM Cup in Assen, the Belgian rider left the Dutch racetrack extremely disappointed. After a good start, Xav’ experienced several problems, causing him to slip to eighth.

This weekend Xavier Simeon, currently eighth in the general standings, is travelling to legendary Monza for a race weekend that will not be at all restful as he will be fighting a great number of Italian riders, all with greater track knowledge.

Last season in Monza, in the Superstock 600 race, Xavier won a hard-fought race after a tremendous fight with current STK1000 championship leader Nicola Canepa (Ducati), which lasted until the very last lap. The pair had swapped places throughout the nine-lapper, but Canepa lost the front going into the Ascari and crashed, leaving Xavier to cruise to victory.

XAVIER
"In Assen, it was the first time this season we did a full race on a dry track - without any red flags. This was a new situation which I will have to get used to! In Assen, I started extremely well, but could not keep up the pace, mainly due to tyre problems. Racing in the Superstock 1000 championship is a lot different to the 600 class and I have to learn how to adapt race by race.

Furthermore, we will be at a disadvantage because, last weekend, many Italian riders were competing in the Italian championship in Monza and, from what I know, they registered extremely fast times! Honestly, I don't have a clear objective for this weekend. But, as usual, I will be fighting for a top spot because I know I can mix it with the leaders. I proved that in the first half of the Assen race. If I can be more consistent, things should be OK!"

Alstare
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Monza preview: Tough weekend ahead for Xavier Siméon
Page 1 of 1