paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Konica call for RCV modifications.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Konica call for RCV modifications. Empty
PostSubject: Konica call for RCV modifications.   Konica call for RCV modifications. Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 4:31 am

Konica Minolta Honda believe Shinya Nakano's current handling problems will only be cured by new parts, since a solution is beyond the normal range of set-up adjustments.

The Japanese has finished just tenth, tenth and 13th in the three races held so far this season, after struggling for feel from his RC212V.

"After the race in Turkey we had a meeting with HRC technicians about our situation with race settings and the lack of feeling that Shinya has," revealed team technical director Giulio Bernardelle. "At least our problem is clear, even if we still have to work hard because it seems that the solution requires modifications beyond the normal range available for the bike setting. It seems as if Shinya is at the limit for handling and if he pushes any harder he will crash and not actually improve his time. We probably need something new."

Unless those new parts arrive in time for this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix, Nakano could be in for a tough weekend - especially if he can't match the top speed of his rivals along the 1200m straight.

"I really quite like the Shanghai track although it has some fast sections where top-speed is important - especially the main straight - so I'm hoping we won't be too far behind the other teams and machines for top-speed," said Shinya, who qualified fourth as a Kawasaki rider last season. "Whatever happens the Team and I will be working hard to find a good setting for my Honda RC212V from the first session and try to improve things further as the weekend goes on. My aim as ever is the reach the chequered flag and get some good points."

Crash
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Konica call for RCV modifications.
Page 1 of 1