paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reynolds 'blown away' by WSBK invitation.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Reynolds 'blown away' by WSBK invitation. Empty
PostSubject: Reynolds 'blown away' by WSBK invitation.   Reynolds 'blown away' by WSBK invitation. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 12:34 am

Quote :
Triple British Superbike champion John Reynolds will be returning to the track during the 20th anniversary celebrations of the World Superbike Championship at Donington Park this weekend.

As a wild-card rider JR won a World Superbike race at Brands Hatch in 2000 and then added a pole position and second place in 2003. He will be on-hand to meet the fans but is especially excited about getting out on track on a 2007 Rizla Suzuki GSX-R1000 replica race bike.

"I am blown away by being asked to take part in the demonstration laps," said JR. "My victory at Brands Hatch in 2000 was one of the major high-points of my career and one of the best days of my life. It'll be a pleasure to be on track with the big-names and stars that they have lined up for the demo laps."

Other riders scheduled to be joining in with the 20th anniversary celebrations, most of whom will appear on track with period machines from SBK's history, include 1988 and 1989 world champion Fred Merkel, 1993 world champion Scott Russell, 17-times race winner Pierfrancesco Chili and13-times race winner Aaron Slight.

Crash
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Reynolds 'blown away' by WSBK invitation.
Page 1 of 1