paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Barros eager to prove podium pace.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Barros eager to prove podium pace. Empty
PostSubject: Barros eager to prove podium pace.   Barros eager to prove podium pace. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 5:01 am

Quote :
After a disappointing start to the season in Qatar, where he qualified 15th and finished ninth, Alex Barros is eager to prove that he and Pramac d'Antin can be podium contenders - and maybe more - in 2007.

The former 500cc, MotoGP and WSBK race winner had enjoyed a promising winter ahead of his grand prix return, only to strike unexpected problems in Qatar.

Nevertheless, the Brazilian still set the seventh fastest lap of the race, 0.762secs behind factory Ducati rider and race winner Casey Stoner, but was quicker than the Hondas of Marco Melandri, Carlos Checa, Nicky Hayden and Toni Elias - while just 0.3secs from the podium pace of Dani Pedrosa.

"I'm anxious ahead of Jerez!" admitted Barros. "After Qatar, which could be have been better if there weren't some unexpected surprises, I really want to run hard to show that we can achieve a podium, although winning a GP always remains our true focus!

"At [Jerez] in 2004, I finished in third place, and in 2005, fourth place, so I hope to do well this time around. I'm very happy with the deep connection I feel with my Ducati GP7 and my team. I'll push at my maximum!" he insisted.

Team-mate Alex Hofmann is also seeking revenge at the team's home grand prix after a poor opening round, in which the German qualified 17th on his way to an 11th place finish.

"I'm very happy the second race is in Spain, the home grand prix of our team!" he declared. "The last IRTA tests didn't go so well, but all the same we have a good setting, thanks to the improvements we made in Qatar. Competing in this race always moves me a lot, because of the surroundings and all the fun that takes place there! I hope to be in the best condition to push as hard as I can!"

Crash.net
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Barros eager to prove podium pace.
Page 1 of 1