paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Pedrosa: I feel I'm ready...'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

'Pedrosa: I feel I'm ready...' Empty
PostSubject: 'Pedrosa: I feel I'm ready...'   'Pedrosa: I feel I'm ready...' Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 6:58 pm

Quote :
The only person not publicly tipping Dani Pedrosa for a 2007 MotoGP title challenge seems to be Dani Pedrosa.

Pedrosa announced his MotoGP arrival with two wins and four pole positions during a brilliant rookie season blighted only by a disastrous clash with team-mate Nicky Hayden at Estoril and, less significantly, a relative weakness in the wet and in overtaking.

But the 21-year-old will only improve and has already placed his new 800cc Honda on top of the timesheets at three of the six pre-season tests he attended... and was runner-up in two of the others.

That would be reason enough for many to express title aspirations - but Dani has always preferred to let his racing do the talking, starting at this weekend's season opener in Qatar.

"It seems like the start of the season has come round very quickly and I'm really looking forward to racing again after all the tests we've done over the winter. It will be interesting to finally see how the new 800s feel during a race. I've enjoyed riding the RC212V in testing and the smaller size allows me to move around the bike more easily than the 990," said the former 125 and 250cc world champion, whose test triumphs included being fastest at Qatar.

"We had a positive test here in February and found a good setting for the bike so I hope that the conditions will be similar this weekend. I feel like I'm ready for the season but there have been many teams going fast during testing through the winter so I expect the racing to be very close," added the ever-cautious #26.

Crash.net
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

'Pedrosa: I feel I'm ready...'
Page 1 of 1