paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'A message from Yukio'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

'A message from Yukio' Empty
PostSubject: 'A message from Yukio'   'A message from Yukio' Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 3:18 am

Alstare wrote:
Team Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra rider Yukio Kagayama missed today's races at Phillip Island due to doctor's orders. But the good news is that the Japanese rider is doing OK. Here is a message from him:

"According to the doctors here, I am recovering very well. I have had a lot of X-rays and checks and maybe there is one more check to come. The good news is that I haven’t broken anything! When I crashed, I was sure that I had broken my collarbone and maybe some ribs, but I have escaped those injuries. My crash was a high-side at the second corner and I went up into the air before coming back down onto the bike. I must have banged my chest on the fuel tank and that’s when the damage was done. Then I fell down and my first feeling was that I had hurt my lung or chest in some way because I had the same type of pain as when I crashed at Paul Ricard circuit in 1999. That time I damaged a lung and this time I felt the same - that is a problem with breathing.

At the moment my shoulder joint is very tender and the doctors here are advising some sort of surgery - not immediately, but some time in the future. But I do not want this now, so I will have to wear very heavy strapping when I am on the bike again, at the Valencia tests. As for my lung; there had been some tubes in yesterday, but this morning only one small tube and that will come out later today, followed by some more checks. If everything is OK, I can leave the hospital this evening.

My priority is to get back to Japan as soon as I can, see my own doctors and then get better quickly. But, my problem is that sometimes, with this type of lung injury, normally you are advised not to fly for two weeks! I think I will be able to fly before that time, but I still will have to stay in Australia for a week or so. This means lots of rest and maybe some time on the beach! At the moment, I am positive that I will be at the Valencia tests (March 18-19) and be ready to race at Donington at the end of the month. This is my plan."

Alstare
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

'A message from Yukio'
Page 1 of 1