paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hopkins looking for repeat podium in France

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Hopkins looking for repeat podium in France Empty
PostSubject: Hopkins looking for repeat podium in France   Hopkins looking for repeat podium in France Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 10:04 pm

John Hopkins is aiming to build on his Shanghai performance by securing another top three finish at this weekend’s French Grand Prix.

The 23-year-old American claimed his maiden podium finish with third place in China and is sure that the Suzuki and Bridgestone package will be just as competitive at the Le Mans circuit.

“I really like the Le Mans circuit and it suits both the Suzuki and my riding style so I am hoping that I can follow up last week's podium with another,” said Hopkins.

“The Bridgestone tyres are working so well this year and they should give us the grip we need to be as competitive as we have been so far this season.

“The result in China took a huge weight off my shoulders and I'm looking forward to France – I really like the track and I think we can have ‘Le Monster' race!"

Hopkins' Chinese result moved him up to fifth place in the championship, only ten points behind Dani Pedrosa, who was one of the pre-season title favourites and signalled a huge improvement from Suzuki over last year.

His Australian team-mate Chris Vermeulen is also on the way up the championship table after finishing seventh in China. He lies tenth.

EuroSport
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Hopkins looking for repeat podium in France
Page 1 of 1