paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nieto to stand in for Jacque at Kawasaki

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Nieto to stand in for Jacque at Kawasaki Empty
PostSubject: Nieto to stand in for Jacque at Kawasaki   Nieto to stand in for Jacque at Kawasaki Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 10:01 pm

Fonsi Nieto will make his Moto GP debut in this weekend’s French Grand Prix after Kawasaki confirmed he will substitute for the injured Olivier Jacque.

Jacque was ruled out of his home race earlier this week after failing to recover from an injury sustained to his forearm in a Chinese Grand Prix practice crash.

And the Japanese manufacturer wasted little time in naming the 28-year-old Spaniard, who has raced for Kawasaki's PSG-1 squad in World Superbikes for the past two years, as his replacement.

"I am so excited to be riding for the Kawasaki Racing Team this weekend and can only thank Kawasaki, as they have treated me so well since I became one of their riders two years ago,2 said Nieto.

"However, it's a shame I come here as a replacement for Olivier as I have huge respect for him. No rider wants to act as a replacement, as none of us want to be replaced, but these things happen."

Nieto, 28, likes the Le Mans Bugatti circuit that will host the French race and took the second of his five 250cc world championship wins there in 2002.

And he knows that his three years of World Superbike racing will mean he has his work cut out to get used to riding the team's 800cc machine, even if he is looking forward to the challenge.

"I am quite familiar with Le Mans and, even if it is a 'stop-and-go' track, it's not a difficult one. I like it. I won there in 2002, when I was riding in 250cc, but I am aware that it's going to be different this time," he added.

"I am not in 250cc anymore and I had to change my riding style when I moved to the Superbikes. I don't know what it's going to be like on a MotoGP bike but it's certainly going to be a great experience for me!"

EuroSport
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Nieto to stand in for Jacque at Kawasaki
Page 1 of 1