paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Title chase heats up at Monza

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Title chase heats up at Monza Empty
PostSubject: Title chase heats up at Monza   Title chase heats up at Monza Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 3:52 am

The 2007 World Superbike Championship heads to Italy this weekend for round six of the series at the picturesque Autodromo Nazionale di Monza near Milan. The racing is getting more exciting with every round as the title favourites step-up their campaigns - and Monza is sure to be no exception.

James Toseland further extended his series lead at the fifth round at Assen after a spectacular battle with Troy Bayliss that will go down in Superbike history as one of the all-time greats. The British rider is now more aware than ever that he has to fight hard to reclaim the prestigious title of World Superbike Champion. With this in mind, his main aim for Monza is that elusive double win.

Team-mate Roberto Rolfo is looking forward to the first of three events in his home country after he achieved his best result of the season so far at Assen. The Italian rider hopes to follow-up his impressive fifth-place finish with two strong performances in front of his home crowd at Monza.

Ronald ten Kate, Team Manager:

"With James still leading the championship and with the way he is riding at the moment, we don't want to settle for anything less than two podiums at Monza. Having said that, we know that racing is very intense at this circuit so we will have to see what happens. For Roby, the second race at Assen gave him his best result of the season so hopefully we had a breakthrough for him there. It gives us something to build on and I am sure the Monza circuit will suit his riding style. The aim is to better his best result of the season there."

James Toseland:

"We kept the winning streak going at Assen - although the double win escaped me yet again thanks to Troy! I hope I can carry it on at Monza and get another double podium. I wasn't happy with my results at Monza last year - I had a high speed crash in race one and finished fifth in race two - so this year I hope to wipe out those memories with two successful races to keep and extend the championship lead."

Roberto Rolfo:

"I am feeling good about my progress after the Assen round and I'm really looking forward to the first Italian round at Monza. I know I will have a lot of support in the crowd from HANNspree and the Italian team sponsors and I think that will make a lot of difference to me. Monza is a circuit that suits my style and now that I have a good feeling on the bike, I think I have a good chance of at least matching my results at Assen."

Ten Kate
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Title chase heats up at Monza
Page 1 of 1