paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stoner slams Elias again

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Stoner slams Elias again Empty
PostSubject: Stoner slams Elias again   Stoner slams Elias again Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 6:14 pm

Casey Stoner has again slammed Toni Elias’ riding tactics after Friday practice for the Chinese Grand Prix.

Championship leader Stoner, who rides for Ducati, was clearly seen gesturing to the Spaniard to go past him on more than one occasion during the pair of hour-long sessions.

And after ending the faster afternoon hour eighth fastest, the 21-year-old Australian accused the Gresini Honda rider of shadowing him.

"Every session in the last two races, he has either got in my road or stuck on my arse-end," Stoner said.

"There's maybe 5.2-kilometers of track so he should find his own piece because I'm just sick of him following me all the time."

Stoner admitted that riders following each other, often seeking a tow, was part and parcel of racing motorbikes, but singled out Elias because he does it so regularly.

"Every time I'm out on track Elias seems to be there," he added. "You know, it's not right."

"In Turkey, I passed him and he immediately tried to outbreak me, which was just stupid.

"Again that same afternoon, I was starting my fast lap and he pulled in front of me and held me up through a corner.

"I just think it's unnecessary, he should either follow someone else or find his own bit of track."

Stoner was not the only rider to hit out at Elias' tactics in Turkey two weeks ago, as five-time champion Valentino Rossi also found fault in his riding.

EuroSport
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Stoner slams Elias again
Page 1 of 1