paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ecclestone: Turkish GP future down to Dorna.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Ecclestone: Turkish GP future down to Dorna. Empty
PostSubject: Ecclestone: Turkish GP future down to Dorna.   Ecclestone: Turkish GP future down to Dorna. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2007 3:32 am

Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone confirmed on Friday that he has 'taken over' the Istanbul Park circuit, venue for this weekend's Turkish Motorcycle Grand Prix and also the country's F1 event.

"This, without a shadow of doubt - and I've said this before - is the best venue, the best circuit, in the world. I'm very proud of what has been built here in Turkey and it opened the eyes of people worldwide to show what can happen here in Turkey," he told a press conference.

But despite boasting state-of-the-art facilities and a challenging track popular with the riders, Istanbul Park's motorcycle grand prix is in serious doubt for 2008. Ecclestone was unable to confirm the event's future, instead stating that it was mainly down to MotoGP rights holder's Dorna, but did pledge his full support.

"It depends an awful lot on the position of Dorna," he explained. "They are the people that decide what they want to do. The contract runs out after this year, so we are not sure what they will or won't do. I am a big, big motorcycle supporter. I think motorcycle racing is super so whatever we can do [to help keep the MotoGP race] we'll do."

Crash
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Ecclestone: Turkish GP future down to Dorna.
Page 1 of 1