paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toseland on Front Row for Home Round

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Toseland on Front Row for Home Round Empty
PostSubject: Toseland on Front Row for Home Round   Toseland on Front Row for Home Round Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 5:28 pm

HANNspree Ten Kate Honda's James Toseland will start from the front row at Donington Park tomorrow following an eventful Superpole session in which three riders crashed out. Despite making a slight mistake through the Craner Curves section of the 4.02km track, Yorkshireman Toseland secured the fourth fastest time of 1.31:399.

It was a frustrating end to the day for the 26-year-old as he had hoped to celebrate the circuit's 20th anniversary by equalling the achievement of manager Roger Burnett who scored the first ever Superpole at Donington Park. However, he is confident that he will still be able to put in two strong race performances for the home crowd at the opening UK and European event of the 2007 Superbike World Championship.

His team-mate Roby Rolfo was less fortunate and starts the 23-lap races from 15th on the grid after failing to start his fast Superpole lap. The Italian rider endured a slight problem with the HANNspree Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR on his warm-up lap, which caused him to run onto the grass and end Superpole prematurely in the gravel.

Rolfo is hopeful that he can turn his fortunes around tomorrow to demonstrate his top six potential in the ultra-competitive championship.

Ronald ten Kate, Team Manager:

"We are feeling mixed emotions today. Roby had to retire from Superpole on the warm-up lap due to a braking problem. I just hope that tomorrow he will have a good race. For James, we had a small hiccup at the end of free practice and we couldn't test the qualifier. It's always a bit strange for the rider to go out on the Superpole lap without testing the tyre so this dented his confidence a little. He did a good lap and we are happy to be on the front row. We know that in the race James is always a different rider. We hope for good weather and with the extra boost of the home crowd support he should have a good race."

James Toseland:

"I made a mistake on my Superpole lap through Craner Curves and nearly lost the front end. I needed an advantage going into the Melbourne loop section of the track because that has been my weak point. The mistake meant that I didn't get that advantage and that is disappointing. I'm on the front row and I will give it my all tomorrow to please the home crowd."

Roberto Rolfo:

"I worked really hard during the free practice and tried to find a better balance on the bike. At the end of the session I felt ready and I was confident for the Superpole lap, but unfortunately I had a problem with the brake and had to run onto the gravel during the warm-up. It was disappointing but I will try my best to do well tomorrow."

Ten Kate
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Toseland on Front Row for Home Round
Page 1 of 1