paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'. Empty
PostSubject: Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'.   Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 2:24 am

Quote :
Nicky Hayden will want to forget his first grand prix weekend with the #1 plate after three-days of scant reward ended with a meagre eighth-placed finish in the season-opening Qatar Grand Prix.

In reality, Hayden had expected to face difficulties at Losail after a poor pre-season test at the same circuit, but that didn't lesson the pain for the proud reigning MotoGP world champion - who finished just one place higher than he'd qualified.

"It's been a tough weekend but I'm not going to whine and make a bunch of excuses," said the straight-talking Kentuckian. "I qualified ninth and finished eight and, compared to the top boys, we've just been off the pace for the whole weekend. The biggest problem is confidence in the front and getting the bike to steer how I want it to.

"I tried to learn as much as I could in the race. I really felt like I rode my hardest and had some good dices with a few of the guys - I just about caught Vermeulen on the last lap and I got faster as the race went on. My last two laps were my fastest laps of the race and that's the positive thing. I want to say thanks to the team because those guys have been working hard. We'll stay here to test [on Sunday] and try to figure out some improvements, and hopefully be a lot closer when we get to the next race at Jerez."

"Nicky fought hard to finish in eighth place and earn some points, but of course this isn't where he wants to be and he's not satisfied with the result," admitted Repsol Honda team manager Makoto Tanaka. "The championship is long though and we will be concentrating on making the improvements we need to move forward."

Hayden was the third highest RC212V rider in Saturday's race, behind third placed team-mate Dani Pedrosa and fifth placed Gresini rider Marco Melandri.

"We are not satisfied with the results this weekend and we must work hard in many ways to make improvements," commented Tanaka.

Crash.net
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

PostSubject: Re: Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'.   Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 2:24 am

no excuses - that'll be a first Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
andie
i can't keep crashing, can i?
andie

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'.   Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 9:43 am

his excuses will just have a more positive spin...
Back to top Go down
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

PostSubject: Re: Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'.   Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 9:47 am

andie wrote:
his excuses will just have a more positive spin...

hmm - you can only blame so much on "the front end" though.

i've had some serious bike issues while in a race. i don't give up. i don't whine. i try! when the bike turns into a bucking bronco, i buck right back! no bike, no! go bike go!

he should be happy that he's gotten to MotoGP and that he's being paid gross amounts of monie to ride a prototype bike (that only a handful of people in the world get to ride)...and he gets carted around the world to do it.
Back to top Go down
andie
andie

PostSubject: Re: Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'.   Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 10:22 am

his excuses are going to bite him really soon...
Back to top Go down
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

PostSubject: Re: Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'.   Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 10:27 am

andie wrote:
his excuses are going to bite him really soon...

i've faxed my resume' to HRC too. i noted, if i can't make the front end work on your 2 million dollar bike with the best techs and egineers in the world, there's probably something that i'm doing wrong lol.
Back to top Go down
andie
andie

PostSubject: Re: Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'.   Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 7:31 pm

yeah, the bike is usually just fine until the rider gets on it...and in this case, that rider is Nicky Hayden.
Back to top Go down
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

PostSubject: Re: Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'.   Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 10:27 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'.   Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hayden 'not going to whine and make excuses'.
Page 1 of 1