paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cadwell opinion??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vtwin-racing

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Cadwell opinion?? Empty
PostSubject: Cadwell opinion??   Cadwell opinion?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 5:41 pm

Reading the BSB forums theres a post about the Cadwell Hill.
Seems a bunch of people think it should be leveled off some since bikes are getting faster. Whats peoples thoughts about this? Myself dont think anything should be done, its part of the track. Racing sanctions have gotten so "Bike safety orientated" that racing gets more skill lost. Traction control, less difficult tracks replacing technical ones, tracks created favoring specific bikes, etc. What ever happened to the rider requiring complete skill, knowledge, etc of his bike and track? If the Cadwell hill is becoming more dangerous, then maybe the racer should make the decision to slow down or go full out depending on his skill set. A hill, chicane or corner is all the same and can cause serious injury.
Narrow, technical, and challenging layouts the BSB runs, is why i enjoy it so much. Ive never seen so much sliding, close passing, touching, and plain out braking against others. These guys run and take risks like its the last race for the championship every race! I don't want AMA or Motogp racing, we already have that and usually is quit boring.
Back to top Go down
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Cadwell opinion?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell opinion??   Cadwell opinion?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 6:40 pm

The issue may have been brought up after people watched Camier fall off of the mountain.

Traction control - I don't agree with at all. I don't think it should be in anything; F1, Touring Cars, Le Mans, GT, Moto GP, WSBK, AMA, BSB, etc. Tractoin control removes a huge part of the equation (pilot).

Cadwell - the mountain is one of the things that people love.
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com
MotoJB

MotoJB

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-07-25

Cadwell opinion?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell opinion??   Cadwell opinion?? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:17 pm

I think the mountain should stay...its one of the things that sets BSB apart from AMA and other championships. Them BSB riders are NUTZ!

Then again, when you have both Camier and Byrne wiping out on the hill in one race, Camier obviously seriously injured, I can understand the argument for removing the hill.

I usually agree with any steps to make racing as safe as it can be, but there is a limit...once you start taking away the character and skill just to make it safer...you may lose more than you gain.

I bet the majority of the BSB riders would prefer to keep the hill. Fack, that must be a blast!! If a major percentage of the riders demand it, then so be it. Until then, leave it alone!

Seems like the issue for both Camier and Byrne was hitting the hill, with too much throttle and shagged tires.
Back to top Go down
http://www.motojb.net
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Cadwell opinion?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell opinion??   Cadwell opinion?? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 8:47 pm

MotoJB wrote:
I think the mountain should stay...its one of the things that sets BSB apart from AMA and other championships. Them BSB riders are NUTZ!

Then again, when you have both Camier and Byrne wiping out on the hill in one race, Camier obviously seriously injured, I can understand the argument for removing the hill.

I usually agree with any steps to make racing as safe as it can be, but there is a limit...once you start taking away the character and skill just to make it safer...you may lose more than you gain.

I bet the majority of the BSB riders would prefer to keep the hill. Fack, that must be a blast!! If a major percentage of the riders demand it, then so be it. Until then, leave it alone!

Seems like the issue for both Camier and Byrne was hitting the hill, with too much throttle and shagged tires.

Yeah, you'll also notice that their line wasn't the same as it had been. The mountain is one of the great things about Cadwell. It's safe as long as you get the line right. Just like the Isle of Mann; it's safe as long as you don't fall off and go tumbling down a cliff, fall into a volcano, get spat out, and land on a light post.
Back to top Go down
captain

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-06-06

Cadwell opinion?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell opinion??   Cadwell opinion?? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 1:18 pm

Im sure i heard or read somewhere that a lot of the traction controll stuff is going to be scrapped for the 08 GP season....or am i just making that up?

As for the mountain, its one of the highlights of BSB for me....its an awesome sight, seeing these guys lauching over that crest at silly MPH.......if they flatten it its just another tick for the safety brigade.....net thing you know they'll be telling em not to lean over so far when cornering...or they'll get black flagged for pasing too close!!

I'll go back to my corner now!
Back to top Go down
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Cadwell opinion?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell opinion??   Cadwell opinion?? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 1:22 pm

captain wrote:
Im sure i heard or read somewhere that a lot of the traction controll stuff is going to be scrapped for the 08 GP season....or am i just making that up?

That rumour has been circulating. Hopefully it's true.
Back to top Go down
drmchsraj

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Cadwell opinion?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell opinion??   Cadwell opinion?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2007 12:28 am

i think it should stay... it would be unique but I do hope riders take it a little more easy out there. Leon Camier's crash is not the first but it gives an idea how things can turn from good to real, real bad in a second.
-----------

http://londonbikers.com/galleries/gallery/2f7041fd-832d-448c-b243-98d1c1562d58

Some pics i found on the intraweb:
Jonathan Rea. Last year I guess?
Cadwell opinion?? Johnnyrae1024x768fb8
Rea went over the mountain on the last lap this year, one handed... now that IS something!
Another one, less glitzier: Cadwell opinion?? Bsb61113891qe4

Yeah, Red Bull sure gives you wiiiiiiiiiiiings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cadwell opinion?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cadwell opinion??   Cadwell opinion?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cadwell opinion??
Page 1 of 1