paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foggy Petronas Racing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Foggy Petronas Racing Empty
PostSubject: Foggy Petronas Racing   Foggy Petronas Racing Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 11:22 pm

these are really neat bikes. triples!

http://www.foggypetronasracing.com/newsitem.asp?id=20061008133504_FPR

Quote :
Craig Jones finished a battling 17th in the first race at Magny-Cours.

But team-mate Steve Martin suffered more misfortune through an engine failure on the 10th lap of a thrilling race won by James Toseland.

Steve was unhurt in a front end crash in morning warm-up and was forced to use his second bike for the first race.

After a stunning start by Craig Jones, when he moved up to 18th by the second split from a grid position of 25th, the race was re-started after oil was spilt onto the track.

Both riders made good starts to the re-start and had moved up to 16th and 17th by the end of lap four, before Craig overtook his team-mate on lap seven. After Steve’s retirement Craig was in a points-scoring position for much of the race before being caught by Josh Brookes and Vito Ianuzzo on the penultimate lap.

Craig said: “I pushed hard after a good start and got behind Steve and followed him for a couple of laps. I pulled back a bit of a gap then made a pass on the brakes and then just dug in. I made a mistake and lost a tow from Rolfo and that was the deciding moment of the race. Towards the end I started to struggle with grip and the engine lost power, although I’m not too disappointed with the result.”

Steve said: “The bike was running all right for a couple of laps but then it started to feel funny and my speed dropped. I managed to catch Craig, who was riding really well, back up so it was a pity I couldn’t stay out there.”

Race one results: 1 Toseland; 2 Haga +0.115; 3 Corser +0.412; 4 Bayliss +3.000; 5 Kagayama +7.152; 6 Walker +14.906; 7 Barros +17.330; 8 Lanzi +17.474; 9 Laconi +25.257; 10 Nakatomi +25.883; 11 Fabrizio +31.542; 12 Neukirchner +33.422; 13 Abe +36.159; 14 Rolfo +40.867; 15 Brookes +50.110
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Foggy Petronas Racing
Page 1 of 1