paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Honda: "We got it wrong"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Honda: "We got it wrong" Empty
PostSubject: Honda: "We got it wrong"   Honda: "We got it wrong" Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 10:09 pm

Honda have admitted they were not ambitious enough in their performance targets for 2007. The world championship-winning manufacturer have struggled since MotoGP's switch from 990cc to 800cc bikes, prompting Honda HRC chief Satoru Horiike to admit they are lacking power.

"We must recognise that we made a mistake when we set out targets - our bike needs a more powerful engine," he told Motosprint magazine.

"The level we set ourselves for the first year of 800cc was not right. We thought that the 800cc bikes would take longer to be faster than the 990s, but they did it straight away.

"Our bike is not at the level it should be at this point in the season. Our top speed is improving, but it is not enough."

Defending champion Nicky Hayden has suffered a miserable start to the season on the Repsol Honda, and team-mate Dani Pedrosa is also struggling.

Ducati have positioned themselves as the dominant force so far thanks to enormous straight-line speed, while Yamaha kingpin Valentino Rossi also finds himself in title contention.

EuroSport
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com
NoRider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Honda: "We got it wrong"   Honda: "We got it wrong" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:28 pm

Please excuse my ignorance as I'm new to bikes and MotoGP... but isn't Pedrosa in first??
Back to top Go down
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

PostSubject: Re: Honda: "We got it wrong"   Honda: "We got it wrong" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 7:55 pm

NoRider wrote:
Please excuse my ignorance as I'm new to bikes and MotoGP... but isn't Pedrosa in first??

That article is out of date.

Pedrosa isn't the problem. Honda isn't the "problem".
Back to top Go down
NoRider

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Honda: "We got it wrong"   Honda: "We got it wrong" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 2:40 pm

Sciacallo wrote:
NoRider wrote:

That article is out of date.

Pedrosa isn't the problem. Honda isn't the "problem".

ooooh ok, I was wondering why Honda was saying something when its leadings the pack. Good to know thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
MotoJB

MotoJB

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Honda: "We got it wrong"   Honda: "We got it wrong" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Honda is no longer in first...."fack" it's Yamaha! Soon to be Ducati it seems.

It's obvious that Honda is sucking this year, Nicky has been whining and crying a lot. Oh wait a minute, that's just Nicky, not Honda.
Back to top Go down
http://www.motojb.net
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

PostSubject: Re: Honda: "We got it wrong"   Honda: "We got it wrong" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:14 pm

MotoJB wrote:
Honda is no longer in first...."fack" it's Yamaha! Soon to be Ducati it seems.

It's obvious that Honda is sucking this year, Nicky has been whining and crying a lot. Oh wait a minute, that's just Nicky, not Honda.

lol So true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honda: "We got it wrong"   Honda: "We got it wrong" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honda: "We got it wrong"
Page 1 of 1