paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Italy expects as Biaggi heads home.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Italy expects as Biaggi heads home. Empty
PostSubject: Italy expects as Biaggi heads home.   Italy expects as Biaggi heads home. Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2007 4:15 am

Former MotoGP star Max Biaggi will take part in his first home race as a World Superbike rider this weekend, when the sixth round of the 2007 championship takes place at the famous Monza circuit in Italy.

Unfortunately for Biaggi, he has never raced at Monza at either World Superbike or MotoGP level, but will be under intense pressure to perform by the Italian fans and media.

"Racing at Monza will be a new experience for me for two reasons: first, I have never ridden a Superbike there before and second, it will be the first time I will be racing a Superbike in Italy," confirmed Biaggi. "I know that there will be extra attention on me from the Italian media particularly, but once I am on the bike I concentrate on what has to be done and do not let outside influences get in the way. For me, it's not hard to focus on the work and Monza will be no exception.

"I will be at a disadvantage compared to the SBK regulars because they have all raced at Monza before and will have greater track knowledge then me. But normally I learn tracks pretty fast and I think I will be OK. I know that Monza is famous for slipstreaming and it is definitely something I need to be aware of in the races. But my first task is to learn the track, get a good bike set-up and then go fast. That's my goal," declared the Alstare Suzuki rider, who still holds second in the championship - but has now slipped 32 points behind Honda's James Toseland.

Last year at Monza, Biaggi's team-mate Yukio Kagayama fell from race one after Toseland high-sided next to him, then retired with clutch problems in race two.

"I would prefer to forget about Monza last year and think positively about this year. I must get better results this year for sure - as I don't believe that I can have the same bad luck as last year," stated Yuki. "The crash in the first race was strange. Toseland high-sided right next to me and I could not avoid hitting him. But the impact of our collision caused him to land back on his bike, whereas I hit the tarmac and that was that! Second race was a technical problem, so no more to say. This year is still not going as I expect. I have had crashes, bad luck and some technical things to sort out, but I feel I must be due for some good results soon. Maybe Monza can be a change of fortune for me. I hope so, because I need it!"

Crash
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Italy expects as Biaggi heads home.
Page 1 of 1