paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pitt closing in on DFX Honda ride

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Pitt closing in on DFX Honda ride Empty
PostSubject: Pitt closing in on DFX Honda ride   Pitt closing in on DFX Honda ride Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 11:22 pm

Championship StandingsAndrew Pitt is closing in on a return to the World Superbike Championship with the DFX Honda team – according to their current rider Steve Martin.

The 31-year-old Australian was left without a ride when Ilmor pulled out of Moto GP after only one race of the season for financial reasons.

But he got back in the saddle at Valencia last weekend in the World Supersport Championship as a replacement for the injured world champion Sebastien Charpentier.

And it was in the paddock at the Spanish circuit where he told Martin that DFX had contacted the former Motor Italia rider about testing his bike over the coming weeks.

“I'm pleased that Andrew came and spoke to me as at least we were able to have a good chat and establish how things stood,” said Martin, 38, who lies 17th in the championship.

“But needless to say it was a bit of a shocker. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!”

Martin, who is contracted to race for DFX at Assen and Monza, has confirmed though that the Italian round will be his last for the team, meaning that Pitt, who was fifth in last year's championship, could race for the team at Silverstone in six weeks time.

“We've got a week at home now before heading to Assen for the next round and in that time I'll be keeping up my training and looking for a new ride, as I now know that Monza will definitely be my last race with the DFX team,” Martin added.

“I'm bitterly disappointed that the team hasn't delivered all that it promised at the start of the season but, at the same time, there is an element of relief over the situation as there is just no point continuing the season with just more of the same, as that no good for me or my bike crew.

“Now I'm just trying to look onwards and upwards, enjoy the next two races as much as possible and do my best to sort out a ride for the rest of the season.”

EuroSport
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Pitt closing in on DFX Honda ride
Page 1 of 1