paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Polita withdraws from weekend

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Polita withdraws from weekend Empty
PostSubject: Polita withdraws from weekend   Polita withdraws from weekend Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 12:00 pm

Toseland on provisional Assen poleAlessandro Polita has withdrawn from this weekend’s World Superbike Championship races at Assen in the Netherlands due to injury.

The Celani Suzuki rider fractured his right shoulder in a crash at Donington Park four weeks ago and missed the last round at Valencia as a result.

He planned his comeback for this weekend's ninth and tenth rounds of the series but managed only two laps of Friday's first free practice session before complaining that the pain was too much to bear.

The team then decided to withdraw him after he missed first qualifying.

"I have a terrible pain to my shoulder and the prognosis is still not defined," said Polita.

"I have tried to go around the track but they [the team] stopped me, saying it was stupid to take such risks for no reason."

The 22-year-old Italian, who is in his rookie WSBK season after winning last year's European Superstocks Championship, now intends to return next time out at his home circuit of Monza.

EuroSport
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Polita withdraws from weekend
Page 1 of 1