paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biaggi: I'm at a disadvantage

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Biaggi: I'm at a disadvantage Empty
PostSubject: Biaggi: I'm at a disadvantage   Biaggi: I'm at a disadvantage Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 1:32 pm

On the face of it the 35-year-old Italian has a wealth of experience at legendary Dutch circuit, and even won the Moto GP race there in 2001.

But the Alstare Suzuki rider has never competed on the shortened, sanitised version that has been in use for the last 18 months, and thinks it may take him until second qualifying on Saturday to find a good balance for his bike.

“I like Assen, but I don't know how it will be for me now because the circuit has changed since the last time I was there,” said Biaggi, who lies second in the championship – 13 points behind Britain's James Toseland.

“Most of the Superbike regulars were there last year, so I will be at a small disadvantage because I will have to relearn the track before I can push hard. But normally I learn tracks pretty quick, so I don't think it'll be a big problem.”

Biaggi, who has surprised many paddock regulars with his pace this season after a sabbatical year in 2006, is loving his first season of Superbikes, in particular praising the ‘normal' atmosphere compared to Moto GP and the two-race format.

EuroSport
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Biaggi: I'm at a disadvantage
Page 1 of 1