paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ten Kate start MotoGP talks - EXCLUSIVE.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Ten Kate start MotoGP talks - EXCLUSIVE. Empty
PostSubject: Ten Kate start MotoGP talks - EXCLUSIVE.   Ten Kate start MotoGP talks - EXCLUSIVE. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 4:45 am

World Superbike team manager Ronald Ten Kate has started discussions with HRC regarding his team's entry in the MotoGP World Championship.

Ten Kate, Honda's leading team for many seasons in both World Superbike and Supersport, currently leads both championships courtesy of James Toseland (WSBK) and Kenan Sofuoglu (WSS) - with star rider Toseland having made no secret about his MotoGP ambitions.

The former world champion reluctantly turned down the opportunity of a satellite Ducati grand prix ride this year in order to maintain his relationship with Honda, which he hopes will result in a competitive RC212V seat next season.

And Toseland may not even need to change teams: Rumours are rife that Ten Kate could make the move with Toseland - and the Dutch team manager's recent appearance in the Jerez paddock fuelled speculation even further.

Speaking exclusively to Crash.net Radio, Ten Kate explained the reasons for his Spanish Grand Prix attendance - and confirmed that initial discussions for a MotoGP move have already begun.

"I'm getting this question more and more because people saw me wandering around in the MotoGP paddock at Jerez," replied Ronald. "My honest reason for going there was to discuss the latest version of traction control for the Fireblade and also to speak to the HRC people about the Suzuka 8 Hours, which James has been invited for, so we were making a schedule for that.

"On the other hand, I must admit that we have also spoken about a MotoGP future for us," he confirmed, "but it is really at the very beginning of things - we are just exploring budget plans and long terms plans like that, so I'm really not expecting any big news for the press or outside world until the second half of the season..."

Toseland and Ten Kate will take a 16-point lead over former MotoGP star Max Biaggi into this weekend's event at Donington Park, round three of the 2007 World Superbike championship.

Crash
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com
andie
i can't keep crashing, can i?
andie

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Ten Kate start MotoGP talks - EXCLUSIVE. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ten Kate start MotoGP talks - EXCLUSIVE.   Ten Kate start MotoGP talks - EXCLUSIVE. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 7:41 am

that would make more room for Biaggi to dominate in WSBK.
Back to top Go down

Ten Kate start MotoGP talks - EXCLUSIVE.
Page 1 of 1