paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

High hopes for Toseland and Rolfo at Donington.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

High hopes for Toseland and Rolfo at Donington. Empty
PostSubject: High hopes for Toseland and Rolfo at Donington.   High hopes for Toseland and Rolfo at Donington. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 12:24 am

Quote :
The first European round of the 2007 World Superbike Championship heads to the UK and Donington Park this weekend. After a three-week break, Hannspree Ten Kate Honda riders James Toseland and Roberto Rolfo are fired up and ready to go.

Youngest-ever World Superbike Champion Toseland returns home after a triumphant start to the season that saw him storm to the top of the standings. The Yorkshireman arrives at Donington Park having secured four podium finishes – including two race wins and two second places – at the previous two events. This means he enters the 23-lap races at the 4.02km circuit with a 16-point advantage over his nearest rival.

“So far, the racing has been spot-on for me,” said Toseland, “It's an honour to be riding with such great competition and to hear the like of Troy Bayliss complimenting me at Phillip Island is very flattering. It's a great feeling to be heading to Donington as the championship leader – I couldn't ask for a better way to be going into the first home race. I feel fitter than ever and I cannot wait to race in the UK – I'll give it everything I have to get a win for the fans.”

The Donington Park round marks the 20th anniversary of the first ever World Superbike race. It is also the first time that the series has visited the Derbyshire circuit since 2001. Toseland is determined to add to the celebrations by securing the Superpole and a double win for his home fans.

Toseland's team-mate Rolfo continued to improve aboard the Honda CBR1000RR throughout the first four races of the season. The Italian rider set a good race pace and put in some impressive riding to finish inside the top ten of the championship standings. Rolfo is determined to prove his championship potential by securing a top six placing at Donington Park.

“Although the first two rounds did not go as smoothly as I might have hoped, my aim was to be inside the top ten and that's where I am,” commented Rolfo, “I feel more confident on the bike and I know that I can do well at Donington if I get my head down and concentrate on the task. I have ridden at the track before from my days in the 250cc World Championship so I'll use that to my advantage and hopefully get the top six place we are aiming for”

Ronald ten Kate, Team Manager is more than happy with how the season has started. “We are very happy with the way things have gone so far. James is on top form and is racing brilliantly. Donington is obviously an important race for him as he wants to impress the UK fans and he is really determined to show them what he can do,” he said.

“I am confident that he can bring home more podium finishes for Hannspree Ten Kate Honda. Roby is also riding well and has made significant progress over the first two rounds. He is still getting better all the time and I think he will really prove his potential over the next few rounds. The whole team is looking forward to what this weekend might bring,” he concluded.

Crash
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

High hopes for Toseland and Rolfo at Donington.
Page 1 of 1