paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hayden finds direction with modified chassis

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Hayden finds direction with modified chassis Empty
PostSubject: Hayden finds direction with modified chassis   Hayden finds direction with modified chassis Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 11:10 pm

Quote :
Having harvested mere eighth and seventh places finishes from the first two rounds of his title defence, MotoGP world champion Nicky Hayden hopes that a modified chassis for his RC212V will help provide the direction needed for a return to the front.

The 25-year-old American began the two-day test at the Spanish GP circuit by being eleventh out of the 19 riders riding in the Monday rain: "A lot of the same issues we're having in the dry we're having in the wet too so the feeling was mixed, but I was able to get faster as the day went on and collected a lot of useful data," he said.

The Repsol Honda rider returned, alongside nine of his rivals - plus Honda test rider Tady Okada and Ducati test rider Vittoriano Guareschi - on Tuesday. Though the track was still wet in the morning, by 1.30pm the surface had dried enough for Hayden to begin evaluating a modified chassis and trying various suspension set-up options in combination with a range of Michelin tyres.

Hayden, who has struggled with front-end feel and poor top speed, chose not to fit sticky qualifying tyres and eventually set the sixth fastest time. Countryman Colin Edwards was fastest on race tyres on Tuesday, one place and 0.145secs in front of Hayden.

"It took a while for the circuit to dry out [on Tuesday] morning but this afternoon I got some useful track time," said Hayden after his 72 laps. "We did some work with a modified chassis and towards the end of the day we found a direction that improved the feel of the package. I'm not going to try to hide the fact that things haven't quite gone to plan in the first two races and we've still got a lot of work to do but we made some progress today. As much as I'd love to go straight to Turkey, I'll use these few weeks off to think about a few things and try to make that step up needed to get back up front. Thanks to team and to HRC because all those guys stayed here and worked really hard - we're all in this together."

Crash
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com
andie
i can't keep crashing, can i?
andie

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Hayden finds direction with modified chassis   Hayden finds direction with modified chassis Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 11:18 pm

i guess we'll see if this fixes his problems...or not.
Back to top Go down
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

PostSubject: Re: Hayden finds direction with modified chassis   Hayden finds direction with modified chassis Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 11:23 pm

nope, he's screwed.
Back to top Go down
andie
andie

PostSubject: Re: Hayden finds direction with modified chassis   Hayden finds direction with modified chassis Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 11:25 pm

yeah, if he doesn't start doing better with the new chassis, he can't really keep blaming the front end.
Back to top Go down
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

PostSubject: Re: Hayden finds direction with modified chassis   Hayden finds direction with modified chassis Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 11:27 pm

he's screwed...probably won't win Laguna eigher.
Back to top Go down
andie
andie

PostSubject: Re: Hayden finds direction with modified chassis   Hayden finds direction with modified chassis Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 11:32 pm

thats funny, i was just thinking the same thing today. this will be the third year there so all the other riders must be getting at least a little used to it by now. i'd like to see Edwards win there this year.
Back to top Go down
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

PostSubject: Re: Hayden finds direction with modified chassis   Hayden finds direction with modified chassis Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 11:35 pm

sure...Edwards is a contender there. Hayden is not.
Back to top Go down
andie
andie

PostSubject: Re: Hayden finds direction with modified chassis   Hayden finds direction with modified chassis Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 11:44 pm

no, if he can't get his bike figured out, he won't be a contender anywhere.
Back to top Go down
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

PostSubject: Re: Hayden finds direction with modified chassis   Hayden finds direction with modified chassis Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 12:50 am

he's a 'World Champion,' he should be able to figure the bike out...
Back to top Go down
andie
andie

PostSubject: Re: Hayden finds direction with modified chassis   Hayden finds direction with modified chassis Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 8:26 am

he should be able to figure it out...but it still eludes him.
Back to top Go down
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

PostSubject: Re: Hayden finds direction with modified chassis   Hayden finds direction with modified chassis Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 8:26 pm

complete sentences seem to elude him.
Back to top Go down
andie
andie

PostSubject: Re: Hayden finds direction with modified chassis   Hayden finds direction with modified chassis Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 9:45 pm

i think he likes to make them more colorful.
Back to top Go down
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

PostSubject: Re: Hayden finds direction with modified chassis   Hayden finds direction with modified chassis Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 9:50 pm

the colours of KFC don't count.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hayden finds direction with modified chassis   Hayden finds direction with modified chassis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hayden finds direction with modified chassis
Page 1 of 1