paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hayden plots Jerez fight back.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Hayden plots Jerez fight back. Empty
PostSubject: Hayden plots Jerez fight back.   Hayden plots Jerez fight back. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 10:21 am

Quote :
Having finished his first race as world champion a disappointing eighth, Nicky Hayden is aiming to put the #1 plate back up where it belongs in this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez.

Hayden never found front-end confidence with his new RC212V at the opening Qatar round, but his Jerez hopes have been boosted by a promising final pre-season test - in which the Kentuckian finished a decent fourth fastest - and a podium finish at the same race one year ago.

"I'm definitely looking forward to the race at Jerez this weekend," insisted the Repsol Honda rider. "The Spanish crowd, the atmosphere - everything about Jerez is fun and the passion the fans show is amazing. The last test there went quite well for me and I'm looking forward to getting out on track, trying to get a good feeling with the bike and having some fun. It's round two and I'm aiming to fight back strongly after Qatar.

"That was a disappointing result but it's a long championship and I believe I've got the skills to get the job done, plus I've got a great crew behind me and hopefully me and the team can have a good weekend. I like the track at Jerez.

"There are a few tight corners and it's definitely not a circuit dominated by long straights. I like the flow of the layout and coming into the stadium section is probably my favourite part of the circuit - you really have to get into a rhythm there to set a good laptime. The weather at this time of year can be a bit changeable too, so we'll have to see what it throws at us," he concluded.

One of Hayden's leading opponents this weekend is expected to be his own team-mate Dani Pedrosa - the home hero having finished a close second to Valentino Rossi at the test and also second in his first ever MotoGP race, at the same venue, last season.

First free practice at Jerez takes place on Friday morning.

Crash
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com
andie
i can't keep crashing, can i?
andie

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Hayden plots Jerez fight back. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hayden plots Jerez fight back.   Hayden plots Jerez fight back. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 10:54 am

i guess we'll see how he does...
Back to top Go down

Hayden plots Jerez fight back.
Page 1 of 1