paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Edwards planning to join win list.'

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

'Edwards planning to join win list.' Empty
PostSubject: 'Edwards planning to join win list.'   'Edwards planning to join win list.' Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 7:03 pm

Quote :
After stating earlier in the pre-season that the YZR-M1 is the best 800cc bike, Colin Edwards claims to have seen nothing to change his mind over the past two tests and the 33-year-old is now on the brink of what he hopes will be his best season since joining MotoGP in 2003.

The former double World Superbike champion has scored six podiums in that time, one of them at Losail - venue for this Saturday's 2007 season opener - but what he desperately wants is a debut grand prix win, having come agonisingly close at Assen last season - then having seen former WSBK rival Troy Bayliss stand on top of the podium at Valencia.

"Qatar is a great track, I love it and I always feel that it's a level playing field because we've only been there a few times as opposed to some of the European circuits where other riders have basically grown up," began Edwards in the build up to this weekend. "I'm feeling really confident going back there for the first race, especially after our last test there when I was pretty fast every day, and the progress we made at Jerez last week. The track suits my style and I felt really comfortable there during the test, so hopefully we can translate that to the race conditions.

"We had some problems in the race last year but I am feeling completely different now because this bike is a whole new ballgame. After working really well on smooth tracks like Sepang and Qatar we managed to adopt it to the bumps at Jerez with a completely different setting so I'm really confident that we have a great package for the whole season. I've said throughout pre-season that the target this season is to win races, so I'm looking forward to getting started."

Crash.net
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com
andie
i can't keep crashing, can i?
andie

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2007-02-04

'Edwards planning to join win list.' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Edwards planning to join win list.'   'Edwards planning to join win list.' Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 11:40 pm

I like Edwards a lot, I'd like to seem him do well this season. He always seems like such a hard worker and it'd be nice to see that hard work pay off for him.
Back to top Go down

'Edwards planning to join win list.'
Page 1 of 1