paddockpass
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paddockpass

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good Response From Bayliss

Go down 
AuthorMessage
planetearth
There Can Be Only One
planetearth

Number of posts : 3271
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Good Response From Bayliss Empty
PostSubject: Good Response From Bayliss   Good Response From Bayliss Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 1:59 pm

Troy Bayliss wrote:
Reigning double World Superbike champion Troy Bayliss has responded to Neil Hodgson`s claims that he blocked the Briton`s return to the factory Ducati team.

After two seasons with Ducati in the AMA Superbike championship, former world champion Hodgson was expecting to partner Bayliss for the 2007 WSBK season - but Ducati instead opted to keep the underperforming Lorenzo Lanzi for a second year.

"My career plans took an unsuspected turn when I was told by Ducati Corse that they would not be requiring my services for the 2007 World Superbike campaign. It appears that Troy Bayliss didn`t want to be put under pressure by having a competitive team-mate and Ducati have bowed to his demands," claimed Neil, in a posting on his official website earlier this month.

However `Baylisstic`, writing on his own website, used part of his New Years Eve message to dismiss the Englishman`s accusations:

"We are enjoying our first Christmas in 3 years with family and friends back in Australia. It has been really nice, so nice that only 3 days ago I said to Kim I didn`t want to go back to Europe," began Bayliss, who has signed to stay with Ducati in WSBK until the end of 2008 - when he is expected to retire. "Serious I thought about ringing Neil and offering my job to him for the next 2 years. That is the truth believe it or not. But there are a lot of things to consider and first of all is that I still want to win.

"I just heard today that Neil Hodgson thinks I blocked his move back to WSB on a factory Ducati. He is not the only one, Alex Barros thought I blocked him as well. I am flattered they think I have that much power but I am only one small piece in a big team. There are many people and a lot of factors that decide who goes where. I`m not here to bad mouth people so I will leave it there. FULL STOP.

"On a happier note we are about to leave for a week on the Gold Coast then back to our local area Taree which is on the mid north coast.

"Merry Christmas to all and a Happy new year in 2007!" Troy concluded.

Crash.net
Back to top Go down
https://sbkmoto.forumotion.com

Good Response From Bayliss
Page 1 of 1